I am seriously considering going to the local organics market and selling some there for ridiculous prices. I also ordered 150 13cm pots(The 10cm ones were just way too small) for a wallet cost of $40. And got another 80L of potting mix, bringing the grand total to $192.
Yikes.
This is an expensive hobby! However I have been enjoying the exercise, sunshine, and the soothing nature of the work. My spinach plants are flourishing, some have gained their true leaves. Spinach plants send up two simple leaves when they sprout, to begin gathering sunlight(I presume) to fund the next expansion - a pair of complex leaves. This is termed their "True leaves".
Total transplanted plant count:
95x spinach plants
147x spring onions
7x garlic
48x parsley
I have decided to leave the chives to do their thing, they shouldn't need much room at all. Same with the second bucket of spring onions. The second bucket of parsley I may transplant tomorrow, only time will tell. I've got about 60-70 of the 10cm pots left, and won't receive my 13cm pots until about Wednesday or Thursday next week!
I acquired 2 30L bins for my vermiposting setup. I shall post detailed instructions once I get the worms. Vermipost is the perfect fertilizer, producing an all natural kind which is able to aid any kind of plant. It'll also get rid of kitchen wastes.
No comments:
Post a Comment