Thursday, April 17, 2008

More transplanting!

So it looks like I really over planted these poor spinach. To make it worse, I obviously moved along some extra shoots into the 15cm pots I bought two days ago and they sprouted too. I count up to seven spinach shoots in one of the 15cm plants. Pop-eye would be proud!

I went and bought ten more of the 15cm pots to take the worst off the spinach, as this is getting ridiculous. It was just one seed packet! And I'm worried about the other three seed packets that I bought - I emptied them into the buckets as well. I think that I am going to have a lot of food here. At least it's starting to make some sort of financial sense(Now at $95 total expenditure for the entire food garden.)

I skipped the drainage trays here - it's outside, and I just wash the dirt off the deck. Surely I don't need them? Plus they're 70c or so each so it was an easy way to save $7 or so.

No comments: