So I've identified which is the chives and which is the spring onions - the spring onions had already got their little white bump on the base where it meets the ground. I decided to put three in each 10cm pot, and because I had an odd number of pots, I had them in a 7x7 arrangement. This meant I had 147 of these suckers!
I had to water a buttload of plants and acquired two avocado pot plants for my little garden. One was fighting with parsley which had to go, under which I found two snails! I threw them off my deck and banished them from my realm forever.
The parsley was in it's second year, where it's bitter and inedible and produces seeds. Parsley is a biannual plant but for harvesting purposes is an annual.
So anyway, I planted one of the buckets of spring onions only and left the other intact - that's 147 of the suckers in ONE of the buckets! I also noticed a lot of the lettuce sprouts were fighting for a cell. This was because I double seeded each cell, in case one of the seeds didn't germinate and I wasted a space. I then pulled out the extra lettuce leaving the biggest, and didn't know where to put it, so I put them in the empty spring onion bucket. If they survive, great(I didn't exactly plant them very well, just chucked bundles of them into five spots), I can use them to replace dying plants or whatever.
This was a good three hours of work so I decided to call it a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment