So in four short days the spinach germinated. I have about two dozen spinach plants up so far, and am watching the other eight buckets like a hawk. At least, I think they're spinach, as I didn't label the buckets and completely forgot what is where. I've been watering them like anything though.
Well, at least, they're getting watered like anything. It's been raining really really hard here, for days on end. The buckets are draining right through(The drainage holes worked! Excellent!), I was worrying like anything. This rain fortunately thoroughly wetted the soil right through to the bottom, I didn't know this was what you were supposed to do until I read the potting mix bag a day or so ago. Go figure. I have been pondering adding more to my little collection however I'd need to add buckets and it's 89c per bucket but they require 9L of material(About $2) and seeds. It's pretty expensive. I think I'll wait until I find a cheaper option.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment